North Berwick is a lovely coastal town on the East Coast of Scotland in East Lothian. It is famous for its Law, for Bass Rock, for the light, the art, the big skies, the golf, the sandy beaches and the welcome you’ll receive from its people.
NorthBerwickLife.com aims to bring you the best of North Berwick and the surrounding area, covering the sights and attractions, accommodation, local businesses and what is on in the area.
Who is behind NorthBerwickLife.com?
I’m Martin Cole. I’m a local North Berwick resident.
I’m originally from London but moved to North Berwick in with my family from Sydney Australia. My wife is from Sydney and both my daughters were born there.
We’ve lived in North Berwick since 2018 and love living here – although the Aussies (wife and daughters) find the Scottish winters a bit challenging!
I’ve been creating websites for years. So, NorthBerwickLife.com is an opportunity for me to share the best of North Berwick and the surrounding areas – including nearby Edinburgh – with people who are visiting or thinking about coming to this lovely part of the Scottish coast.
It is a cliche to talk about hidden gem, and North Berwick is well known to Scots. But, I was really surprised how much North Berwick had to offer when we were first considering it as a place to live. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Multiple beautiful sandy beaches
- Stunning coastal views, including Bass Rock
- The unusual North Berwick Law
- Countryside and coastal walks
- World-class golf courses
- High class accommodation for visitors
- A High Street full of independent shops
- Great selection of restaurants, bars, pubs and take-away food options
- Lovely nearby villages
- Easy access to the World Heritage city of Edinburgh
- Galleries with a focus on local arts and crafts-people
- The annual Fringe by the Sea festival
- The annual Highland games
- Great sports facilities, including tennis, football, swimming